“I’m new to wearing incontinence protection. I was wondering how I can wear adult diapers without anyone knowing. Have any tips?”
Contrary to disbelief, wearing adult diapers in public without anyone knowing is possible. Incontinence briefs nowadays are designed with less bulk yet still remain effective in protecting you from leaks. Use these tips to help you stay discreet while managing incontinence:
- Choose the right sized adult diaper. Briefs aren’t one size fits all. Make sure to find a diaper that snugly fits your waist and doesn’t leave any gaps open around the legs. Measure your waist and hips to determine which diaper size you need.
- Drink lots of water. This accomplishes several things. Drinking water keeps your urine from getting concentrated and smelling foul. Water also helps keep you hydrated, which makes your bladder less irritated.
- Try a breathable brief. Breathable briefs are more lightweight, less bulky and less noisy than traditional all-plastic diapers. If you’d rather stick to the latter, look for a brief with excellent liquid-wicking capabilities and odor control.
- Choose your clothing wisely. Opt for dark-colored clothing to conceal accidental wet spots. Nowadays, many types of briefs are thin and practically invisible under clothing. This means that people can wear tighter clothing, such as pencil skirts and fitted slacks. However, you should still test out different items in your wardrobe and how they look with your brief on before going out.
- Be mindful of how you keep your stash. Instead of buying briefs at your local store, shop online. Most companies will deliver your incontinence supplies in plain, discreet packaging to prevent neighbors from knowing your bladder problems.
These simple tips will allow you to wear your incontinence protection in public with confidence. Remember that choosing what clothing to wear with which kind of brief will be a matter of trial and error. Keep in mind that most people will keep to themselves and won’t be looking at you anyway. If you act like you have something to hide and draw attention to yourself, you’ll get attention. With preparation and discretion, it is possible to lead an active and sociable life while wearing adult diapers.