Vaginal weights, or cones, are great for women suffering from urinary incontinence. Exercises can be discreetly performed anytime – except during menstruation, intercourse, or pregnancy. With regular use, vaginal weights may help prevent those embarrassing leaks and can even lead to stronger and more frequent orgasms.
- Starting with the lowest weight, insert the vaginal cone like a tampon, so that the string remains outside.
- Stand up and squeeze your pelvic floor muscles to hold the weight in place. If the weight is pushed out when you flex, you need to insert it a little higher so it is above your pelvic floor muscles.
- While standing, squeeze your pelvic floor muscles to hold the weight in place for at least 3-4 minutes. Once you feel comfortable standing, try squatting or sitting.
- Slowly increase the time you use the weights, up to 15 minutes, twice daily.
- Once you are able to hold the weight for 15 minutes, increase the weight and begin the condition process again by holding the cone and gradually increasing the time and activity level.
It can take weeks or even months to work up the strength to increase the weight. Keep with it and you may see dramatic results. Good luck!