Skin health and personal hygiene are critical when taking care of a loved one who is both incontinent and bedridden. Staying in bed for long hours, while wearing an adult diaper can cause painful pressure sores (bed sores) on the skin. If left untreated, pressure sores can be deadly. Below are five incontinence products that’ll help keep your bedridden loved one’s skin healthy:
- An extra absorbent brief. The briefs with the tape tabs, not the ones you pull up on, are best for bedridden patients for two reasons. First, they’re typically thicker and more absorbent than pull up underwear. Secondly, unlike pull ups, adult briefs are easier to put on and take off the user. Abena, Tena and Tranquility make some of the most absorbent adult diapers on the market.
One of our best selling products is the Reusable Waterproof Underpad. Our customers have been asking for a larger size pad to fit larger beds – we are happy to announce that we’re now carrying this pad in an extra-large size (36 x 70 inches), which will fit a Queen sized bed. Perfect for incontinence and adult bedwetting, these bed pads are highly absorbent, lightweight and easy to use.
If you’re on the hunt for reliable waterproof protection, read below to find out why you need chux pads:
- Chux pads offer endless uses. Aside from protecting the mattress and furniture from spills, incontinence and bedwetting, chux pads can be used to keep the floors dry from wet sports equipment and wet shoes. These multi-purpose, disposable underpads can also be used as a pee pad for pets, baby changing pad and more. Chux underpads are lightweight, making them portable and perfect for travel and on-the-go!
At National Incontinence, we carry a wide range of bladder control products for men’s incontinence. Choosing a male guard or adult brief can be difficult, especially if this is your first time. In a previous post, we’ve provided factors to consider when choosing an incontinence diaper. Today, we’d like to share a list of our top incontinence products for men.
- Tena Guards – These incontinence pads are ideal for stress incontinence or post-prostate surgery. Tena Guards have a contoured, bicycle seat shape to fit the male anatomy. The guards are thin and discreet, so users can confidently go to work, attend meetings, and simply go about their day without worry. These pads have an adhesive strip on the back
With the new year just around the corner, we’ve decided to reflect on our most popular incontinence products of 2012:
- Tranquility Booster Pads: These are an oldie, but goodie, that increase the absorbency of any brief or protective underwear. They can be used universally with an adult diaper, reusable absorbent underwear, or pull-up, making them extremely popular.
- Step-Free Vaginal Cones: This kegel exerciser was featured on Dr. Oz this year, skyrocketing its popularity. Vaginal cones are easy to use and feature graduated weights, so there is no need to buy additional products to increase the difficulty.