This Malem alarm is a unique bedside device for children who don't want to wear an alarm. This bedwetting alarm comes with a wide choice of options to awaken a deeply sleeping child. An embossed plastic moisture sensing bed pad is placed under the child, and the alarm sounds when the pad's sensor strips detect moisture. The bedwetting pad should be placed under a draw sheet, or towel.
The bed mat is attached to the battery powered alarm unit by a 7 ft. cord that does not disturb the user in bed. The 21”x 15 ½” bedwetting mat can be easily cleaned with soap and water.
This unique Malem bedwetting alarm has a wide range of sound options that allow you to pick one that optimally meets your needs. You are no longer limited to just one tone chosen by the manufacturer. You have a choice of 8 built-in tones or a custom sound you record yourself! The alarm has variable volume control, making it the loudest bedwetting alarm we carry. A flashing light permits parents and children to locate the unit in a dark room.
- Variable volume control
- Choose any one of 8 loud tones, or record your own sounds or personal message
- Flashing light helps to locate unit in dark room
- Reliable, embossed and comfortable plastic Bed-Mat - not rust-prone metal screens found on uncomfortable older style units
- Long lasting AA alkaline batteries - never a danger of electrical shock like older style units
- Optional 50 ft. (15 meter) extension sound unit allows parents to hear unit and assist from far away
- Optional 7 ft. remote vibratory unit allows you to attach unit to bed (under mattress) to use additional stimulus to help person awaken
- Sound controls are located inside a compartment on the bottom of the alarm to select one of the 8 tones, or to record your own sound
Important Note: Bedside alarms are very sensitive and require ongoing adjustments to the sheet or towel that you place on top of the mat. As the temperature and humidity change, you must make adjustments to the thickness of the cloth you place on top of the mat. Sweaty skin can trigger the bedwetting alarm. The use of synthetic fabrics will cause static electricity and cause the alarm to sound when dry. Natural fibers should be used for all bedding. For these reasons, most families prefer wearable alarms over bedside alarms. Alarms cannot be returned once used.
|Alarm Type||Sound - choice of 1 tone, random tones, or record your own sound, variable volume control|
|Alarm Warranty||1 year on alarm box, 90 days on sensor pad|
|Sensor Type||Embossed plastic mat|
|Battery||4 x 1.5 volt AA alkaline or equivalent|
|Alarm Dimensions||Alarm box - 5.25" x 5.25" x 1.25"|
|Sensor Dimensions||Connecting cord - approximately 7' long. Bed mat 21.0" x 15.5"|
|Shipping Weight||2 lbs. (View shipping rates and policies)|
|Instruction Manual||Malem Bedwetting Alarms Instruction Manual|
Wipe sensor mat clean with warm, soapy water and let air dry prior to reuse.
National Incontinence is America’s source for bladder control products.